Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Client News: Tom Beeman announces return as LG Health CEO

It has been nearly eight months since I assumed the role of deputy commander for the National Intrepid Center of Excellence, National Naval Medical Center (NICoE) in Bethesda, MD. Leading this center and helping servicemen and women recover from complex traumatic brain injury have been both a humbling and rewarding experience.
Now, it is time to return home. I am pleased and eager to report that my Navy Reserve duty will end later this month and that I will rejoin Lancaster General Health as President & Chief Executive Officer, and President of Lancaster General Hospital, beginning Tuesday, July 5.
I would like to thank the Medical and Dental Staff for your unwavering dedication to delivering extraordinary care to our patients and their families. Your commitment to our Mission, to your colleagues and our community continues to provide a solid foundation for our high-quality and compassionate care.
I am grateful to our Board of Trustees, its chairman Alex Henderson, and members of our leadership team who guided our organization through what are increasingly challenging times in healthcare.
I want to thank Jan Bergen for skillfully serving as our health system’s CEO in my absence, keeping the health system moving forward and focused on carrying out our Mission and the goals outlined in our Strategic Plan. I am also appreciative of Marion McGowan’s leadership as the hospital’s President and system’s Chief Operating Officer, particularly the critical guidance she and Gary Davidson provided this past year that resulted in the recent successful e-Health Go Live. My thanks too to Susan Wynne, who assumed the responsibilities of Chief Mission Officer and ensured our distinctive commitment to the health and well-being of the communities continued without interruption.
In the upcoming months, I look forward to sharing some of the many clinical, operational and leadership insights I gained while leading the NICoE. The center combines the most advanced equipment and facilities with a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat brain injury and other psychological disorders. My time there provided invaluable knowledge from which LG Health can benefit.
I wish you well in the weeks ahead and look forward to seeing everyone next month.
Sincerely,
Thomas E. Beeman

No comments:

Post a Comment